In order to offer stem cell scientists in North Rhine-Westphalia opportunities for networking and exchange despite the current restrictions, the Stem Cell Network NRW has established a virtual exchange format.
Our Spotlight Series takes place as video conference, no prior registration is necessary. Every interested stem cell scientist in NRW is invited to join! We're planning to have a Spotlight every 2nd Thursday from 2-3pm.
While the series started with COVID-19 related talks, we will from now on also address different topics, e.g. the presentation of a new publication or the introduction of new groups in the network. So far there are these categories:
- StN Spotlight: Research
- StN Spotlight: Members
- StN Spotlight: External speakers
- StN Spotlight: COVID-19 "Stammtisch"
Each Spotlight starts with a thematic input (topic will be announced beforehand) and afterwards, the floor is open for discussion. In past meetings, we've had some really good discussions!
Next Spotlight Talks:
Curently there are no talks.
The series will be resumed in May 2021 with lots of interesting Spotlights.
As usual, the abstract and login data for the talks will be provided by email in the week before the event.
If you have questions about the Spotlight series or are interested in participating, please send a short email to info[at]stammzellen.nrw.de.
Please contact the coordination office if you would like to contribute to one of the next Spotlights. We are happy to receive any topic suggestions.
Previous Spotlight Events:
- 19.11.: iPSCs in modeling and drug discovery of mitochondrial diseases (Research Spotlight with Prof. Dr. Alessandro Prigione, University Hospital Düsseldorf)
- 05.11.: Direct Conversion of Blood into NSCs: Prospects for Biomedical Applications (Research Spotlight with Lea Flitsch, University Hospital Bonn)
- 22.10.: Stem cell research at the IUF: Science for human safety and animal protection
(Member Spotlight with Prof. Ellen Fritsche and Dr. Andrea Rossi, IUF – Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine, Düsseldorf)
- 08.10.: Redox regulation of development and differentiation (Research Spotlight with PD Dr. rer. nat. Carsten Berndt, University Hospital Düsseldorf)
- 17.09.: Hydrogel culture of iPS cell derived cardiomyocytes for basic research and biotechnology (Research Spotlight with PD Kurt Pfannkuche, University of Cologne)
- 10.09.: Research at the MPI of Molecular Physiology: Using stem cells across biological scales
(Member Spotlight with Johann Jarzombek, Slava Ziegler, Michael Grange und Christian Schröter, MPI Dortmund)
- 27.08.: Analysis of the functional consequences of truncating RUNX1 mutations in mouse HSPCs(Research Spotlight with Samantha Langer, University Hospital Essen)
- 13.08.: Analysis of human serum-mediated effects on adult human cardiac stem cells by global gene expression profiling (Research Spotlight with Anna Höving, Bielefeld University)
- 30.07.: Syndecan-1 and Heparanase - novel regulators of cancer stem cell function (Research Spotlight with Prof. Dr. Martin Götte, University Hospital Münster)
- 16.07.: Escape the rodent trap: sodium channels and stem cells in translational pain research (Research Spotlight with Prof. Dr. Angelika Lampert, Uniklinik RWTH Aachen University)
- 02.07.: RNA-targeting Cas9 Corrects Molecular and Physiological Features of Myotonic Dystrophy Type I (External Spotlight with Dr. David Nelles, currently doing a sabbatical at the University of Cologne, Kurian lab)
- 18.06.: Towards fully automated cell production: News about laboratory automation at the Fraunhofer IPT (Member Spotlight with Bastian Niessing)
- 04.06.: Oct4 pioneers nucleosomes in motion (Research Spotlight with Dr. Vlad Cojocaru)
- 14.05.: Modelling neuropathology of Covid-19 in stem cell based 3D human brain organoids (COVID-19 Stammtisch with Prof. Jay Gopalakrishnan, see preprint)
- 30.04.: Treatment of patients with severe COVID-19 with convalescent plasma (COVID-19 Stammtisch with Prof. Monika Lindemann)
- 24.04.: Unproven Therapies - Recent ongoing approaches with COVID-19 (COVID-19 Stammtisch with Dr. Verena Börger)
- 16.04.: Open exchange especially about the current situation and restrictions in the laboratories and universities closures (COVID-19 Stammtisch)
The login data for each Spotlight Event (held via "GoToMeeting") is distributed by email. If you have not received the information, please write a short email to info[at]stammzellen.nrw.de.